Every year, as a family, we have a “cookie making day”. We make cookies and then package them with our holiday cards and take them to the neighbors. I don’t have a cookie making penguin, so the all purpose chef will have to do. Maybe he’s also a baker, don’tcha think that could work?
My favorite cookie of the season is chocolate covered peanut butter sandwich no bake cookies.
What you need:
- Wax paper or a washable non-stick working surface
- Ritz crackers
- Peanut Butter
- Melted chocolate or almond bark (the almond is like white chocolate)
- Make peanut butter sandwiches with two Ritz crackers and peanut butter in the middle
- Melt the bark in a medium to large bowl – follow instructions for melting on the package
- Do not let the bark cool
- Carefully place individual sandwiches in the bowl and then scoop them out with a fork. If needed, gently stir the sandwich until it is covered.
- Let a little of the bark drip off back into the bowl
- place the sandwich on your non-stick surface to cool
For added festive fun, before the chocolate thoroughly dries/cools, gentle dust each cookie with colored or chocolate sprinkles.
If the chocolate because clumpy because it is cooling, you can carefully re-heat as needed.
This is also a fun family activity with pretzels of all shapes and sizes!
If you have a favorite holiday cookie recipe, share it with Evolving Mommy