There’s a pretty little trend with summer shoes this year. Every where I look I’ve been seeing sandals and flip flops with pretty flower embellishments. So when I signed up to participate in this month’s Designer Connection Challenge featuring Tulip Beads in a Bottle from iLoveToCreate®, I decided to use the product to pretty up some of my own summer shoes.
There’s a fantastic prize pack giveaway full of creative products from iLoveToCreate®, see details below!
To make this look you need:
- Tulip Beads in a Bottle in black
- White cotton broadcloth
- Mod Podge
- Ice Resin
- Craft stick
The shoes I am using in this project are simple flip flop style summer sandals from Target (comfy!).
To make these pretty embellished flip flops:
- Draw your design on the cotton fabric using a pencil.
- Following manufacturer instructions, apply Beads in a Bottle along the design lines and let dry.
- Coat back side of fabric with Mod Podge to prepare for resin application.
- Mix resin according to instructions and apply to front side of fabric using a craft stick. Set aside to cure. After 2 hrs, you can handle the piece a bit, make sure to wear disposable gloves. I molded my piece slightly so it would not be completely flat on the shoe, but you can leave yours flat if you like. Let cure overnight.
- Attach to shoe as desired using glue appropriate for your shoe material. E6000 is good choice for most materials.
Beads in a Bottle come in a nice selection of colors. The black I have also included red, teal and a bright blue. You can create really fancy bead-like designs with just the squeeze of a bottle.
iLoveToCreate® is giving away a fantastic selection of creative products to one lucky winner. To enter to win, leave a comment on the Beads in a Bottle post at ilovetocreate saying what you would do with Tulip Beads in a bottle paint and we’ll draw one name to win this Tulip Prize Pack!
Check out more amazing projects using Beads in a Bottle…