October 29 is International Internet Day so share you love of the world wide web and tell us all about it.
One of my favorites: You Know You’re an Internet Junkie When …
* All of your friends have an @ in their names.
* As you read this list, you think about forwarding it to your “friends you send jokes to” e-mail group.
* As your car crashes through the guardrail on a mountain road, your first instinct is to search for the “back” button.
* In real life conversations, you don’t laugh, you just say “LOL, LOL.”
* When looking at a web page full of someone else’s links, you notice all of them are already highlighted in purple.
* You can’t call your mother … She doesn’t have a modem.
* You chat several times a day with a stranger from South America, but you haven’t spoken to your next door neighbor yet this year.
* You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for the free Internet access.
* You don’t know what gender three of your closest friends are, because they have neutral nicknames and you never bothered to ask.
* You find yourself typing “com” after every period when using a word processor.com.
* You hear most of your jokes via e-mail instead of in person.
* You laugh at people with 56k modems.
* You name your children Eudora, Mozilla and Dotcom.
* You spend half of the plane trip with your laptop on your lap … and your child in the overhead compartment.
* You start introducing yourself as “JohnDoe at AOL dot com.”
* You start using smileys in your snail mail. Smiley
* You try to enter your password on the microwave.
* You turn off your computer and get this awful empty feeling, like you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
* You turn on your intercom when leaving the room so you can hear if new e-mail arrives.
* You wake up at 3 A.M. to go to the bathroom and stop to check your e-mail on the way back to bed.
* Your bookmarks file takes 15 minutes to go from top to bottom.
* Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they don’t have e-mail.
* Your spouse adds their picture to your desktop wallpaper so you remember what they look like.
* Your spouse makes a new rule, “The computer cannot come to bed.”
* Your spouse says communication is important in a marriage… so you buy another computer and install a second phone line so the two of you can chat.
And, most important …
After reading this message, you immediately forward it to a friend!
Add your two cents worth below :D…
[tags] computer humor, internet jokes, tuesdays topic [/tags]