2010 flew by and I hardly had time to notice. Along with my usual illustration and internet marketing adventures, I’ve been working really hard to expand into some new directions with my art. I’m opening the doors for art licensing and working on digital art products for consumers, especially the crafters out there. Watch for it… I’m working on opening an affiliate program to accompany the sales of these products. for the past 6 years I’ve been selling products direct to consumers through Cafepress, Zazzle and a variety of other online outlets, now I’m looking to grow beyond the print on-demand. How cool would it be too see the Penguinality Penguin in a local store near you? I keep dreaming that it would be so fun if I could go to do my shopping at Target and voila, there’s the penguin!
With all this work I’ll be involved in a variety of events throughout the up-coming year. Here’s a few…
January 8-12 – Affiliate Marketing
I will be attending Affiliate Summit in Las Vegas. Sunday, the 9th is my busy day.
- 11am – I will speaking on the Affiliate Improve panel with Daniel M. Clark, Michael Buechelle, Drew Bennett and Wade Tonkin at 11am.
- 6:30 pm – I will be hosting the Newcomer Program meetup.
- All Day – I’ll also be donating some art for a silent auction at the conference to help raise money for breast cancer awareness. The auction will be Sunday during the meet market.
The rest of the conference I am attending various sessions, networking, walking the show and am free for meetings.
January 27-February 1 – Art Licensing
I will exhibiting my art for the first time ever at the Craft and Hobby Association winter trade show in Los Angeles. You can find me:
- License & Design section booth #5043
- Designer Showcase table #1
- January 28th 2-4 pm – I’m also moderating a table during the Building Bridges Designer Round Tables. I’ll be sharing insight about affiliate marketing – stop by and say hi if you’re at the show!
If you’d like to meet during this show, please contact me to set up an appointment.
May 25-28 – ShareASale Think Tank
A fantastic networking and learning conference hosted by ShareASale.com, an Affiliate Marketing Network.
June 25-26 – Charity
I am walking in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, right here in Colorado along with the AMGB team, and of course the Pink Ribbon Penguin will be joining me. I’d love your support! Every bit helps please Make a donation.
July 16-21 – CHA Summer Show
Hoping to do a lot more networking and some great design exhibiting in Chicago. Craft design and Art Licensing is the goal for me here.
More fun for 2011:
I’m hoping to walk a few more art licensing conferences as well as attend some more affiliate marketing and blogging events. Here’s the goal short list:
- SAS Think Tank
- Atlanta Gift Show
- Licensing Expo
Do you have a suggestion of another event I should check out? Let me know!
And some of the projects I’m planning
- I’m working on a few special requests, including a book cover.
- Projects for Preschoolers
- Various craft projects and tutorials
- Re-organizing and cleaning the studio so I can get some serious creativity going
Here’s to a fantastic upcoming year!
2011 is going to be fabulous, and I hope you’ll join me for all the fun!!